Warsaw Parks and Recreation offers a variety of youth sports. Please see the selection below and fill out the appropriate form if your child is interested in participating.
The City of Warsaw parks and recreation offers fall and summer soccer. Programs are offered to kids pre-kindergarten through the 6th Grade.
The emphasis of these programs will be on developing skills (for all levels) in a safe and fun environment! We are not a competitive league, but we encourage all children to do their best, follow the rules and enjoy playing the game! We also encourage parents to participate in the learning process in a positive manner and remember, It’s all about the kids!
The soccer fields consist of 4 fields for all age groups and skill levels.
Currently, the fields are 1 large, 1 medium and 2- small fields for the younger kids.
Youth Softball & baseball
The City of Warsaw Parks and Recreation offers a variety of Summer Ball programs.
The emphasis of these programs will be on developing skills (for all levels) in a safe and fun environment! We are a recreational league. Baseball and softball games will be played at participating towns.
We encourage all children to do their best, follow the rules, and enjoy playing the game! We also encourage parents to participate in the learning process in a positive manner and remember, it’s all about the kids!
4-5 years of age.
These players begin using regulation bats, balls, and gloves, but are still hitting the ball off of a tee. They will be playing games against other teams so that they learn the value of good sportsmanship.
6-7 years of age.
We offer coach pitch for boys and girls to build confidence while hitting controlled pitches from coaches/machine.
Baseball & Softball
Minors: 8 – 10 years old.
Majors: 11 – 13 years old.
Baseball and softball are offered for those with more skills and those who wish to enhance their offense/defensive development.
2019 Ball Fees
T-Ball: Ages 4-5 years, $20.00
Coach Pitch: Ages 6 & 7’s, $20.00
Minors Baseball: Ages 8 -10’s years, $25.00
Majors Baseball: Ages 11,12,13 years – 8th. grade, $25.00
Minors Softball: Ages 8-10 yrs, $25.00
Majors Softball: Ages 11-13 yrs., $25.00
- Games will be played April 27th – June 2nd.
- Makeup games will be scheduled on any available weekday Monday-Friday.
- The season may be extended to accommodate make updates.
- League fee includes a shirt and participation award.
- Hats are provided for minor and major baseball only. Players are responsible for providing baseball pants or appropriate shorts, shoes or cleats.
- Minor and Majors will need cleats. Tennis shoes or cleats are appropriate for all other age groups.
- Coaches will have a bag of supplies including catchers gear, helmets, bats and balls, however, it is highly recommended for kids to have their own helmet.
Practices will be determined by the coaches. Rosters will be completed after the final registration and coaches will schedule practices at that time. Coaches will contact players with practices and game schedules.
GAMES: Subject to change
- T-Ball: Held on Mondays at 6 PM and 7 PM. No umpires are provided for this league.
- Coach Pitch: Held on Tuesdays at 6 PM and 7 PM
- Minors & Majors Baseball: Held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 PM & 7 PM
- Minors & Majors Softball: Held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 PM & 7 PM
- Teams will be formed based on age and registration numbers. They will practice and play games in a friendly learning environment where they continue to improve, develop, and build confidence.
- If registration numbers dictate changes may be made to teams, dates, times, or location of games.
- For more information please call the Parks & Recreation Dept. at (660) 438-5522.
Basketball offers kids a way to interact and play together as a team. Emphasis on ball handling as well as techniques to improve shooting, passing, dribbling and rebounding. Learn game plans and structures for defense and offense.
If you enjoy playing and would like to learn new techniques and improve on skills. Come join the fun. Great way to make new friends all in a safe and fun environment.
Boot Camp offers the little ones all about the basics of basketball all in a fun environment. Parks & Recreation works in partnership with the WHS Basketball to assist with Boot Camp making it fun for all.
*Skills Bootcamp is instructional only. Players work with High school players & additional coaches as needed on drills and Skills Bootcamp will be played on Thursday evenings & one Saturday in March.
You may obtain a registration form from the Community Building.
Complete the registration form, Sign & Date the attached Wavier/Liability section and return it to the Parks & Rec. Dept or to the Utilities Dept. along with payment.
Please return completed Registration forms (Front & Back Wavier) to the Parks & Recreation Department or the Utility Department located in the Community Building at 181 W. Harrison along with payment.
You may mail the forms along with a check (Do not send cash) to:
City of Warsaw Parks & Rec
P.O. Box 68.
Warsaw, MO. 6535