East Bledsoe Ferry
East Bledsoe Ferry Park sits on the shores of Harry S. Truman Lake and is named for Louis Bledsoe, who built the first ferry across the Osage River in 1831. Visitors to this area enjoy fishing, hunting, swimming and boating. Click here for the Harry S. Truman Lake virtual tour.
This year-round day-use area contains four group picnic shelters. Amenities include flush and pit toilets, drinking water, a boat ramp and a handicap accessible fishing dock.
Truman Lake lies among rolling hills and rocky bluffs. Dense hardwood forests studded with mature pine trees cover the area.
Bledsoe Ferry is an excellent fishing location. Anglers find crappie, largemouth bass, and blue and flathead catfish. Truman Lake is also a popular destination for tournament fishermen. The park is also a training route used by area cyclists who utilize it’s entrance and circular access road for hill repeats.