When you hear about visiting a farm, you might get visions of field trips to a pumpkin patch or chopping down a Christmas tree. And while those are two very fun examples of agritourism, there’s so much more to explore in Benton County, MO! Simply put, “agritourism” is the combination of agriculture and tourism. It’s experiencing what farm life is like. It’s picking your own produce at its peak time, visiting stores that sell locally-made products made in Missouri and experiencing a farm wedding where horses live.
In today’s world of fast food and prepared meals, it’s important for all of us to understand where food comes from and how it impacts our health. It gives both kids and adults a newfound respect for the behind-the-scenes aspects of growing and raising the food that nourishes us.
A harvest of ripe adventures. That’s Honest-to-Goodness – Benton County, MO! Benton County is home to unique and diverse agritourism activities for the whole family and we want to share them with you.
Farm to Fork Businesses
- CC’s Butcher Shop is a local full service butcher shop offering fresh, quality meat, seafood, produce and deli meats and cheese.
- Jackman Meat Processing is a custom butchering & retail sales that sells hamburger, steaks, bratwurst, pork chops, country-style ribs.
- Benton Ridge Winery features a full bar serving all types of liquor that includes a Winery & Bistro with wine tasting. They offer an excellent choice of food items. There is a convenience store with ice cream shop and 3,000 square foot community building and storm shelter included in the campground. They offer dancing and live bands most weekends.
The park contains nature trails for walking or use with golf cart. Two large ponds are available for fishing. Come out for a visit and/or to reserve . If interested in more details please contact 660-776-WINE or stop by 25518 Fitzpatrick Ave Warsaw, MO.
Orchards and U-Pick Operations
- Anne’s Acres is a family farm that raises multiple varieties of blueberries that are available for you-pick. We also sell Mozarkite, the Missouri State Rock.
- The Warsaw Farmer’s Market is where you will find local growers, market gardeners, crafters and green thumbs all bringing their fresh produce and products to the market.
The Cole Camp Area Farmers Market is a “Grower Only” Market. The items for sale are actually grown or produced by the Vendor.We provide a venue to showcase local vendors including FFA & 4-H youth. The goal of the Market is to promote Cole Camp and assist it in becoming a self sustaining Community.
Wedding Venues AND MORE
- Drake Harbor Recreational Area is located on the Osage Arm of Lake of the Ozarks, just one block off of downtown Main Street, at the intersection of Harrison and Benton Street. Drake Harbor has a host of Riverfront Trails that are perfect for everyone whether you are out for a relaxing stroll, bicycle ride or if you are a serious walker or runner. The Harbor loop is approximately three-quarters of a mile.
You will also find the beautiful Steamboat Landing Boardwalk which connects to MK White Park by way of the Osage Trail that stretches one and a half miles to 65 hwy. The Drake Harbor Trial and footbridge lead to the historic Joe Dice Swinging Bridge, which connects to the Bledsoe Ferry Trail and to the Kickapoo Island Trail.
It is also home to a playground, horseshoe pits, beautiful picnic areas along the water, access to fishing areas, boat ramps, boat slips, and the gorgeous Osage Amphitheater overlooking the water that plays host to many weddings & musical events.
Drake Harbor also holds many Jubilee Day events in the summer, Ozark Cigar Box Guitar Music Festival in August, Heritage Days events in the fall, and at Christmas time you will find Warsaw’s own wonderland of lights with an amazing array of spectacular light displays!
The Osage Amphitheater is available for public rentals. Boat Slips (8) are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Main Event Wedding Boutique and Event Rental LLC–This business provides bridal gowns, formal dresses and accessories. We also rent the following for your special event: event tents, tables, chairs, all related linens and decor including venue locations!
Corn Mazes and Pumpkin Patches
- Prairie’s End Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze Selected Friday’s only for schools, please contact for times and dates. 2 and under free, seniors (65 +) and active military $8.00, ages 3-64 are $10.00.
Educational Camps and Retreat Centers
- City Union Mission
- Located in the Ozark hills near Warsaw, Missouri, Opportunity Farm provides a place where men can get away from the pressures of life. About 20 men live at Opportunity Farm year-round. There, simple living is characterized by bunkhouses, a comfortable lodge for fellowship and meals, and 500 acres for working, walking, and meditation. During the fall, winter, and spring months, the men maintain the farm and campgrounds, assisted by the professional skills of the staff. Each man is committed to the Christian Life Program and is involved in a local church, along with daily Bible study, discipleship, career development, and the fellowship of his brothers in Christ.
- Low-income children throughout Kansas City benefit from the Mission’s summer camps at Camp CUMCITO (City Union Mission Camp in the Ozarks). Each July, nearly 500 children, ages 4-16, spend a fun-packed week at the camp located near Warsaw, Missouri. Swimming, hiking, crafts, and cookouts fill the day, while Bible teaching, drama, songs, and campfires give kids new hope. Counselors surround the children with love and consistent discipline. Click HERE to visit the Camp CUMCITO page for more information about camp and seasonal rental properties.
- Heit’s Point Lutheran Ministries
- Christ centered organization that is located on the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Year-round ministry setting for groups, families, retreats, meetings, conferences, seminars, camping and much more.
- Our Farmhouse On the Ranch This completely remodeled farmhouse sits in the middle of a large cattle ranch. It provides spectacular views of rolling hills and has a large creek that runs through the property. Creek access is available with permission. This newly remodeled 4 bedroom, 2 bath farmhouse is located within minutes of Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks. It has parking areas for boats or trailers. An additional house is available to rent for large family gatherings. You won’t find a more relaxing place to unwind! This is a newly remodeled farm house that is located between Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks. It lies in the middle of working cattle ranch and has thousands of acres around it. Also includes a large parking area. All areas, except the kitchen, are newly remodeled. All basic amenities are included along with a dishwasher, washer, dryer, and charcoal grill. Another rental is available nearby for large family gatherings (see the listing – The Ranch Guest House).You may use a large creek that runs through the property with prior permission. It can be used for cookouts, hiking, and swimming.
- The Ranch Guesthouse This rental sits in the middle of an 3500+ acre cattle ranch. It provides spectacular views of rolling hills and has a large creek that runs through the property. It can be accessed with owner permission for cookouts and swimming. This 3 bedroom, 2 bath house is located within minutes of Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks. It has parking areas for boats & trailers. House includes all basic amenities and an additional house is available to rent for large gatherings (Our Farm House on the Ranch).
This is a farm house that is located between Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks. It lies in the middle of working cattle ranch and has thousands of acres around it. Also includes a large parking area. This house sits directly on MO Highway 7 South, about 10 minutes from Warsaw, MO. Warsaw has tons of small shops and restaurants for travelers to wander through.
You may use a large creek that runs through the property with prior permission. It can be used for cookouts, hiking, and swimming.
Bathrooms and kitchen reflect an older farm house. Paper goods are available for your convenience, as there is no dishwasher. There is a gas grill for your use on the back porch. Rental includes ALL basic needs for bedrooms, baths, kitchen, and laundry room.
- Drenon Ranch Arena
20206 SSR-H HwyLincoln, Mo 65338Team Ropings, Schools, Clinics.Rodney Drenon (660) 890-4898,Matt Rutherford (660) 221-9033, Blake Drenon (660) 351-4887, Seth Kueffer (573) 418-4177, Sam Kueffer (573) 619-7009
For more agritourism resources or questions, please contact the Benton County Extension Office at 660-438-5012.