2020 Tourism Grant Now Open
Benton County Tourism Grant – 2020
The Benton County Tourism & Recreation Grant is open now through January 10, 2020.
The funds available through this program are from the collection of Lodging (Guest) Tax in Benton County. County Ordinance Number BE2019-2 and states that these funds are to be used to generally promote, encourage, and attract visitors to Benton County and to attend tourism events and activities.
Only one grant may be submitted for each project. Budget must accompany application. The Benton County Tourism Corporation reserves the right to not award any grants in any given year should applications be lacking or not received meeting the requirements of the grant program. Late entries, not received by the deadline, will not be considered.
Funds will be provided on a reimbursement basis. Once an application is approved, the applicant will provide a report and proof of use of the funds (receipts, cancelled checks, etc.) to the Tourism and Recreation Corporation within 60 days of the completion of the activity or event. The Corporation will then reimburse the applicant for approved grant amount.
These funds are available on a competitive basis to any visitor attraction, community event, or area (more than one community) event held within Benton County with nonprofit (501C3), or other non-profit status whose primary purpose is to encourage tourism and generally promote Benton County. Proof of nonprofit status must accompany application. First consideration will be given to events or activities that encourage visitors from outside our area. All printed material or advertising media should include the words “Funded in part by Benton County Tourism and Recreation”. Event web sites must also contain the above quote and a link to the Benton County Tourism & Recreation web site (www.visitbentoncomo.com).
SAMPLE USES FOR GRANT TOURISM PROMOTION FUNDS:
- Event advertising: printed marketing material, social media boosted posts, TV or radio advertising, digital billboard marketing
- Web site development
- Facility improvements such as painting, repairs, etc.
- Signage improvements, especially those which will make it easier for visitors to find/locate tourism attractions
- Expansion of services at event venues, i.e. special acts, attractions or unique assets
ITEMS NOT CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING:
- Local advertising such as radio, newspaper or other printed publications that have limited distribution to Benton County only
- Giveaways prior to or during the event (i.e. trophies, t-shirts, etc.)
- Travel expenses or charter vehicle expenses
- Reception room or social event activities prior to or during the event
- Temporary use supplies or equipment (items which will not remain fixed assets of the grantee)
- Funds for general operating expenses
- Additional or current personnel salaries
- Items not included in the Approved Grant Application
- Any assistance that does not conform to the intent of the Tourism Ordinance
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 GRANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM DECEMBER 1ST, 2019 TO JANUARY 10TH, 2020. NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS WILL BE MADE PUBLIC IN FEBRUARY 2020.
EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO: LSTOKES@VISITBENTONCOMO.COM
OR MAIL TO: Benton County Tourism PO Box 1245 Warsaw, MO 65355
Contact Lynette Stokes at email@example.com or 660-438-2090 with any questions.