Construction permit fees are generally based on the valuation of the project. Square footage and cost of the project are considered; fees are based on the lesser amount.
Residential: New, Additions, Decks, Slabs etc.
Building permits shall be assessed on the finished living area at twenty-five cents ($.25) per square foot. All inspections come at no cost.
Obtaining Permits (within City limits only)
Follow these steps:
1. Fill out a Build Information, Fees & Permit Application
2. After the application has been completed, the City Inspector will then approve or decline the project/Application.
3. Once Approved, you will be asked to pay the required fees associated with the project/application.
4. Your permit & # will be issued and construction may begin. This is only within the City limits of Warsaw.
5. Post the permit at the building site where it can be seen if driving by. Thank you.
Outside City Limits please contact the Benton County Assessors Office at (660) 438-5323.